IT Support covers the support of any form of information technology within a business, this involves managing software, hardware, networks and maintaining processes which handle data and information. IT support provides the technical support ensuring the whole company runs smoothly.
The main task of IT support teams is to maintain computer systems and networks across a company, resolving technical problems whilst managing all software installs and configuring hardware.
Preventive maintenance (or preventative maintenance) is maintenance that is regularly performed on equipment to lessen the likelihood of it failing. Preventive maintenance is performed while the equipment/system is still working, so that it does not break down unexpectedly. PM is the care and servicing on equipment/system for the purpose of maintaining equipment’s satisfactory operating condition by providing for systematic inspection, detection, and correction of incipient failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects.
It is a regular and routine action taken on equipment in order to prevent its breakdown.
- Reduced ICT downtime.
- Extends the useful lifecycle of assets decreasing the need for capital replacements.
- More economical use of technical staff because they are working to a schedule rather than on reacting to repair breakdowns.
- Timely routine repairs mean fewer large-scale repairs.
- Lower repair costs, because there will be fewer secondary failures (when parts fail in service, they often damage other parts).
- Reduced product rejects, rework and scrap, owing to better overall equipment condition.
- Identification of equipment with excessive maintenance costs, indicating the need for corrective maintenance, operator training or replacement of obsolete equipment.